How We Work
We start by talking with you. Whether you live in Nova Scotia or anywhere else in the world, we can talk to you one-on-one on the phone. We also meet clients by video conference, in their homes or over coffee. We connect one-on-one with individuals, with couples, with caregivers, with concerned loved ones, or with larger family groups.
Our experience shows that we have to be flexible in meeting client needs. Sometimes we talk to adult children, providing guidance and coaching about how to best help Mom and Dad. Sometimes we consult with adult children first, before recommending a plan to their parents. Often, we work directly with seniors to meet their needs.
In all cases, we develop a comprehensive plan outlining the services you need and how to access them. We know these services are wide-ranging and can include:
- Continuing Care
- Access to free services through support agencies like the Alzheimer’s Society, Caregivers Nova Scotia, volunteer programs.
- Home care (nursing, personal care, housekeeping, meal preparation).
- Retirement and assisted living facilities, and nursing homes.
- Physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- Medical equipment including mobility aids
- Legal services including estate planning and power of attorney
- Real estate services
- At home-services including foot care, hair care, and blood collection, meal delivery programs
- Aging at home specialists
- Accounting and financial advice